It was a pretty happening long weekend! I was soo looking forward to the long weekend, since our dear Aura was undergoing upgrading and there was a valid reason not to touch Aura. Lol. In any case, I was in a pretty good mood on Friday..since I knew I had plans everyday of the weekend.
Friday
Planned dinner with lun, dory and meiyi @ this mr punch restaurant and winebar at the toy museum at seah street. We 1st met up at Bugis Junction and sis & isaac decided to join us, so I called to change my booking from 4 pax to 6 pax. In short, the food was only ok..in particular, I recall that the "medium rare" steak turned out to be more like "medium well". And this fried food tasted kinda sour..good thing that the service was good, the waitress offered to change the item to french fries for us. Another thing is, because we were in the air-conditioned restaurant from 8pm-12+am, we reeked of the smell of oil when we left the restaurant. The smell really was a very big turn-off. With my doggy nose, I kept smelling myself. Gross...
Saturday
WSeng asked me to this play called "Short+Sweet", which is really the top 10 finalists of this annual competition for 10 minutes script plays. It was really cool..it was my first time watching a play. In contrast to the numerous band concerts I have attended before, the performance was held in a theatre in Esplanade that was relatively much smaller in size, and alot closer to the performers. Before going for the play, I met lun for shopping in Orchard after his haircut. Managed to go fossil shop at Pacific Plaza to change the battery and clear out the vapour of my favourite brown leather watch! Yay..was really happy. The watch looked brand new. :D Because the watch can only be collected in an hour's time, we went to Borders @ wheelock and had abit of snacks at coffee club. :) Was abit late - supposed to meet WSeng for dinner at Marina Square at 6pm but luckily I postponed it to 6.30pm when I reached City Hall half an hour late to meet lun. In the end, I only reached City Hall @ about 6.50pm...partly cuz I was blur and alighted at Dhoby Ghaut instead of City Hall, 1 stop earlier. Dunno what I was thinking about. -_-"'
Sunday
The plan was originally to go ktv at Partyworld Liang Court from about 3-7pm, before going for dinner and Timbre substation. Somehow, dory pang seh and we decided to call it off. Instead, I met lun for shopping at City Hall again..haha. Might as well..since he had to get his shoes and I wanted to go to the Nike (staff) 40% sale. Both of us didn't go back empty handed. I got 4 items for $130 at Nike and stephy's present from Crabtree & Evelyn, while he got his beetlebug shoes and G2000 pants. Shopping buys make me happy! Keke... Eventually, we met the rest at about 7pm at curryfavor. Bro joined us there and sleepy us (actually only bro & me were sleepy cuz we woke up at 6am for morning walk @ Botanic Gardens and we had a run *yawns*) proceeded to our next destination, timbre, after dinner. Possibly could have gone Zouk after that at 12+, but..we were too sleepy! Bro ended up losing his hp...oops. I felt kinda bad actually. If he didn't go out to join me, he wouldn't have lost it! But then again, Monday wouldn't have been the same.
Monday
We had to get a new sim card for bro, so my planned family day - Monday - brought us all to JP after lunch. As a sidenote, Mummy cooked nasi lemak..it was yummy! Better than the nasi lemak breakfast at RTC on Sunday. Even though it only cost us $7+ per pax, i think the food's not very satisfying. =X Wish there were pancakes! Anyway, guess what we bought at JP...haha. Bro ordered an iPhone 4, we bought a new Compaq desktop ($699) for mum's room, new Philips cordless phone for the house, and I bought a digital camera for myself! I was surprised by my own impulse buy...haha. Although I have been thinking of getting one, I hadn't done any research and it's so not my style to not "do my homework" before a big purchase. It must be the fastest buy I made in history. Lol. Well...Challenger was having a promotion that I couldn't miss! $299 for a 12.2megapixel Nikon camera with 5x zoom. Even though I'm no veteran at this, I guess it sounds like a good buy since it's less than $300. Just by a dollar. Haha..call me cheapskate. :P
Now, it's back to work!! 加油加油加油!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment