take a snapshot...

take a snapshot...
a glimpse into the thoughts and drama of my life

Sunday, October 24, 2010

wedding bells are ringing..


I attended one of my colleague's wedding yesterday at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Changi Airport T3 last night. It was a nice cosy ballroom, and the 3 videos played showed the (1) different individual photos and not missing out the standard "when we were young" baby pictures, (2) the games played by the groom and his team of loyal comrades, and (3) - my favourite - a surprise video done up specially by the groom, which is a compilation of well wishes of the bride's colleagues' and also from friends who aren't able to turn up for the wedding. I remember at one point of the surprise video (and more than once in the wedding), I was touched. Goose pimples came up.

It could be that the videos at this wedding were not the usual ones, or maybe because the couple had such rapport and love that you can feel between them. In any case, it was sweet...and I wondered if my turn would ever come. Not a good time to discuss the serious issues that I brought up, my tablemates at the wedding said. And they asked "why so emo?" Oh well..I guess I was feeling somewhat troubled, pessimistic and jaded - inevitable to humans who have gone through failed relationships. And envious of course.

Jun-mei sent me 2 links for my reading pleasure (but not too pleasurable, more of emo I guess):
How much must a couple go through, before they reach the stage of marriage? As the lovely couple walked through the ballroom doors amidst the applause of the standing guests, you cannot help but feel the bliss and happiness emitted.

I wonder...will there be a day where I'm the one in the beautiful gown with someone special who will dote on me holding my arms, for better or for worse, till death do us part. Perhaps not easily achievable in this time and age. Is it just a fairytale? Only time will tell...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gal, do you know.. you are such a sweet sweet gal =) i am sure your wedding bells will ring soon. Just that you gotta be patient while your Mr Right is trying to find his way to your heart! =p
Jaime

Audrey said...

thanks babe! i'm fine.. i think your comment is more suited for yourself, sweet gal. :P
i don't really want my wedding bells to ring soon! let nature take its own course. same for both of us. :)