take a snapshot...

take a snapshot...
a glimpse into the thoughts and drama of my life

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Excerpts from "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult (2nd)

I'm just reading on the sofa, just bumming on this cool Sunday evening, kinda thankful that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Phew... Still not feeling very well yet..strangely. Nose and throat are ticklish..but I've been taking flu medicime dutifully every night before I sleep. It's also strange that I've been sleeping pretty early and automatically waking up earlier as well (record time of 7am today), and yet feeling tired by 10am. Maybe been stressed and thinking of certain things which makes me sick?? Oh well... Shee shee is having a bbq downstairs with her DT ex-colleagues, and I'll prolly go chit chat a little with those whom I know later after dinner.

Have to add in acknowledgements later, but for now, quoting a part of the book..
pg 253
"It is hard to believe that once, this woman and I sat in a car and drove the entire length of Route 66, and never ran out of things to say. Our conversations now are an economy of facts, full of blue chip details and insider information.

'Sara,' I ask finally, 'what do you want from me?'

'I want to look at you and remember what it used to be like,' she says thickly. 'I want to go back, Brian. I want you to take me back.'

But she is not the woman I used to know, the woman who traveled a countryside counting prairie dog holes, who read aloud the classifieds of lonely cowboys seeking women and told me, in the darkest crease of the night, that she would love me until the moon lost its footing in the sky.

To be fair, I am not the same man. The one who listened. The one who believed her."

This actually makes me feel sad and despondent.. Is that what becomes of all couples? Surely not..

No comments: