Yay my grandma is discharged today! But hmm..I think she's going St Luke's Hospital for the Elderly for some sort of rehabilitation. Was in NUH since 11am to 9+ yesterday and went there today to fetch my grandma home. Basically this week was quite boring and the only places I've been to are school and NUH.
Chip and Yun flew to Hong Kong and Europe respectively for holidays on Thursday. So envious... I also wanna go on a holiday!!! =\
I've been bothered by quite a few things. My grandma, not to mention, is definitely one of them. Others like getting a suitable job (which one should I choose??), some slight problems with my parents (not so much of this now) and problems with...sigh. Never mind. That's real troubling. And the problem is I don't even know how to say it here. Seems that my mind's always in a mess.
What forms expectations of your better half? I said, expectations come from a "preview". Just like for a movie, you form certain expectations of the new movie when previews of it are screened in cinemas or on TV. When you finally watch the movie in a cinema, you go in with a certain expectation, and you eventually "rate" the movie based on prior expectations developed about the preview. Similarly, for your better half, you gain a "preview" when you were still friends and he/she (I'm gonna say "he" cuz I'm speaking from my viewpoint!) was a potential. After much consideration and deliberation, struggling with yourself whether you should muster up the courage to try out yet again another relationship and thinking if you should remove your defences and walls which protect you, you take the plunge, irregardless of the past hurt you've suffered and the potential hurt you MAY suffer once again.
Unfortunately, the preview is often biased. How many times have you seen a preview and gone to catch the movie, only to be disappointed? Of course, they'd show you the best shots of the movie in the preview, and for all you know, those shots in the preview are the only ones that are truly worthy of your $8.
Once you've taken the plunge, you've made your decision. There's no turning back now. Make it the best ride you can. All you can do is pray and hope for the best. And that your life jacket is working. Hold on tight, in case it's gonna be a tough ride.
*P.S.: the last 3 paragraphs were not meant to be directed towards anyone in particular. Do not be discouraged; I only like to encourage people and not the opposite. Do not take it wholesale! Filter out the portions relevant to yourself. I was just brainstorming.
No comments:
Post a Comment