take a snapshot...

take a snapshot...
a glimpse into the thoughts and drama of my life

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Shades of Truth

It's strange that sometimes you get stuck to the tv for hours watching some VCD, thinking that you're wasting your time. But you end up having lessons learnt or much food for thought after that, many emotions stirring up inside you. Perhaps this is for those who are emotionally weak and those who are imaginative. Definitely, those who are ambitious and/or rational and/or too busy to spare time for activities that waste time (yes, like watching tv) would not think much of what little tv they have watched.

Well, I have been kinda "hooked" to this VCD loaned from my aunty. The title is 《水浒无间道》 ("Shades of Truth" or you can think of it as a drama serial version of the movie "Infernal Affairs"), which surprisingly a friend has watched before. Not that I'm hooked to the show because of 王喜 (Wang Xi) starring in the show, though I have had a liking for him since the fireman Hong Kong drama serial a few years ago.

I used to start liking Wang Xi because of his role in the fireman show. If you know, he was like any other courageous fireman they'd portray in tv shows. Can't really remember much of the show already, but since then, I'd always thought of Mr. Small Eyes (咪咪眼!) as someone who is very courageous, heroic, manly, misunderstood-sometimes-but-turns-out-that-he's-good, and sensitive sometimes. Basically a nice guy. And all in all a knight in shining armour who would rescue a damsel in distress (not just the pretty damsels ok). Just like a hero in any girl's fairy tale story.

Then in this show, he's playing a cop! Another heroic character. Wow...but guess what? He's a playboy at the start of the show. Though I was not turned off by it. Love is blind, isn't it? Haha. Like in any other shows, he changed to be no longer a womaniser. Haa. That actually makes me feel like laughing. How is that possible? True, faithful and devoted good men still exist (the extent of rarity an open debate). But for flirts to change...haa. I am so skeptical of that. Maybe it'd be easier to fulfil your wish if it was to fly to the moon. At least advanced technology is more reliable than men. :P


Happy New Year! All the best in 2006! :)

No comments: