I'm on leave for the whole of this week! Supposedly. Haha.
Booked this whole week of leave 2 months back, just to rest at home and to take a breather. It's not like I've been working too hard. Just that the work is really never ending and I think it's because I'm slow that I'm not able to finish it. As at now, I have like...*counting...* 5 jobs on hand, some with outstanding matters on the client's side and some waiting for my action. Ah...no wonder I'm stressed.
When I told my mum on Sunday that I'd be going office to retrieve some documents home to do while I'm on leave, she was like "what? on leave still gonna do work? should rest since you're on leave what." Seriously, who likes to be stressed up and to have to do work all the time? It's not really that I enjoy working (though sometimes I really do...haha). It's just that if I don't work, I feel stressed cuz the work is still there and it has to be finished somehow someday. If I work at my own pace (i.e. work when I'm on leave), at least I am doing work and not feeling as stressed cuz I don't have to worry about bursting budgets and working too slow. That's why I work even on supposed rest days...haa. Ok am I making sense? Actually I am...and it sounds pretty pathetic. Oh well...life of an auditor.
Especially when I just checked and saw an email received from a client this morning. So stressed! The ball's in my court now. And this is for a job already brought down through 3 generations...it's tough doing follow ups on jobs you didn't handle. It's been left hanging and outstanding for ages. No wonder the client's getting quite pissed about it and wanting to finalise as soon as possible. I mean, if I'm her, I'd have been hopping mad and screaming at my auditors already. Haha. Not that there's no fault on her part. Ok never mind I'm sure I'm boring you with my work. Shall stop complaining.
I will have to finish some work this week and try to get my rest while on leave this week. What a feat. :S
2 comments:
just endure ba, auditor has a better future than engineers...at first may not so good but depends how u see lor...
Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm not sure about that. People always think that accountants have bright futures and earn alot, but from the little experience that I have, the accountants of the companies that I've audited so far don't command as high salaries as most people would expect. It's really a misconception. I think being an engineer would suffice for me. Haha. Of course I still hate lab so...that's why I didn't go engineering course. :)
Post a Comment