Don't break the elastic!In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older. And, there on television, she said it was 'exciting.' Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day ... like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist, first.
The audience laughed so hard they cried. She is such a simple and honest woman, with so much wisdom in her words! Maya Angelou also said :
'I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.'
'I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.'
'I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.'
'I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life.'
'I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'
'I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.'
'I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.'
'I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.'
'I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.'
'I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.'
'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm lunching in today - not because I'm tooo stressed from my work. Okay that may contribute just a wee bit, but substantially, I just don't feel like having lunch with anyone. Feeling just that little anti-social today. Haha. Enjoying my little lunch now - Mr Bean cheese pancake, MOS burger corn soup, and teh-o-siu-tai.
While clearing my email, I just happened to come across this in my email inbox - my friend/ex-colleague sent it to me on 5 Aug 2008. Meaningful read. :)
Looking forward to catching a movie at the end of the work week! Hope work will be smooth enough for me to enjoy my weekend. Keep the engine revving!
3 comments:
hi audrey ^^ i was reading back my posts the other day cuz i was thinking of blogging back again. while reading through my blog i came accross ur comment lol it reminded me how touched i was back then when u wrote that =) i hope ur doing great right now. i'm surviving i guess hahaha
love to hear from you again.
sincerely,
dhampires.blogspot.com
i now remember how i came across your blog. i wanted to take ur blog address but looks like u were wee bit faster den me hahaha
hi tyler, great to hear from you again. :) from your blog, you sound quite happy. ^__^ well..i've been surviving as well, but been too busy with work this month. just hope to get a good rest soon.
wish you all the best with your loupo.. haha. :p
Post a Comment