Actually it's not just about the work and late nights..it's bad enough that there was so much work. I hate to disappoint. I suppose everyone does? And it's when you do put in effort, just that it's not enough. And when judgement time comes...that's it. You seem to have screwed up.
Sigh.
Talking to Lun made me feel better though..thanks for sharing and the advice. Though I can't remember everything off-hand. Let me just summarise the discussion points that I remember, in times of "screw ups" at work.
#1: In times of (di)stress, calm yourself down. No point being a nervous wreck - blabbering and not being able to think on your feet doesn't help. Instead, break down the "things to do" into bite size and work on it step by step.
#2: Do not say sorry; instead, work out a specific plan on how to solve the problem and present the proposed solution to the boss.
That's all I can put on print for now. Lol.
Now that one set of accounts have been finalised, it's time for me to end off the misery of the 2nd dreary one. I shall endeavour to work late every night till I can finish it off to a satisfactory state!! Haha.
Introducing an article on "Worry" from my subscribed reads:
Signing off with a quote from
http://www.1-lovequotes.com/Top_Ten_Break_Up.htm:
What's terrible is to pretend that the second-rate is first-rate, that you don't need love when you do or that you like your work when you know quite well you're capable of better.
- Doris Lessing 1919-, British Novelist
No comments:
Post a Comment